Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Very Inventive Brother and More

Wow, we have had a busy few months and it just gets busier. We have been home from Wisconsin for a week now, and we leave to go back on Wednesday already. I know that I've slacked on updating and now I don't remember everything I want to say. Parker is now 5 weeks old, and he is getting so big. He is now "talking" and is a very vocal little boy. He is very strong. He will flex his legs and stand up when you hold him under his arms, he also will bounce up and down. He likes to use his muscles and will hold on to your fingers and let you pull him from a lounging to a sitting position. He smiles a lot, but I can't seem to get a picture of him smiling. Just today he is really finding his arms and likes to flail them around. He can get his bassinet rocking on his own by moving his little arms and legs. He is still such a good baby, we really lucked out. We hit some other milestones this week. Parker took his first bottle, which means Matt was able to feed him for the first time. Parker isn't a big fan of the bottle, but likes to eat so he makes it work :) Since he now takes a bottle Matt and I went on our first date without the baby. Parker stayed with my Mom while Matt and I went to see a movie ( highly recommend The Curious Case of Benjamin Button). We enjoyed our time out, but it was really hard to leave Parker. Parker also attended his first Playoff Party at my brother Tyson's house. Some may call Tyson a redneck, but I think he is just very inventive. For today's party Tyson moved his big screen tv into the garage for the Playoff game. He had the garage door open so that the smokers could sit on the tailgate of the trucks and everyone could watch the game together. My favorite Tyson party was his front yard pool party in the back of his pick-up truck. And to be safe, his friends were wearing life vests in the pool! Kiara & Jamie had tickets to the game today so her kids were split between my Mom and Matt & I. We took Austin and Cameron to Tyson's while Mom had the younger boys and then after the game we traded so Jake and Brody could spend the night at our house. We haven't had as much time with the boys the past year so it was nice to have them over. I'm sure there is more I should be saying but it's late so I am off for now. Wishing you all well !!
Tyson's Pool Party Easter 2007
Tailgating at Tyson's NFC Championship Game
Brandi (Tyson's Girlfriend) & Parker Jake & Brody with their Rice Krispy Treats
Hmmm... I don't think so
Parker's first bottle

No comments: