Sunday, September 7, 2008

99 bottles of milk on the wall...

Week 26 stats: My weight: 162 Weight gain: Still at 18 lbs Baby's Weight: About 2 lbs Baby's Length: 14 inches Our mile mark for this week was hitting the double digits in the count down. We now have less than 100 days to go until our baby is here. I go through fazes of how long 3 more months is, and then 5 minutes later trying to list all the things that we need to do and how little time we have to do it. Also, our calendar is filling up so the time is going to fly by. Next week is our 3-D ultrasound. I am so excited to see the baby again. This time we will even be able to see the baby's eyes if they are open, the fat little cheeks, and maybe even tell who the baby is starting to look like. My friend Megan's 3-D ultrasound shows that it looks like her daughter Ava is going to have Megan's nose (www.zmsingleton.blogspot.com). Two weeks later we have the first baby shower, our anniversary is the following week, and then another baby shower after that. Add school into the mix and things are going to start getting a little crazy, a fun crazy. The baby is doing very well. Last week I started feeling some more aches and pains, and the baby was moving so much it didn't feel like there was enough room. Turns out, the baby just decided to move into the front of my belly so that I could have my curves back. No more looking like a cereal box from the back!!! I have tried to take pictures, but they just don't turn out very well. I am not very photogenic!! Along with moving to the front of my belly, the baby has found a favorite place to curl up on my left side. There have been a few times that the baby curls up so that 1, it feels really wierd for me, and 2, you can see right where the baby is. There is just a lump on the side of my belly that keeps moving. The baby likes the left side even when I'm laying on my right side so things can get a little lopsided. It will be interesting to see what the baby likes out of the womb and compare it to what it was doing inside by belly. The baby doesn't really have a schdule of when it is awake more than others, and I haven't felt a difference in movement between the foods I eat. The baby is pretty active for most of the day so I feel it a lot. I can also eat spicy, sweet, or any type of meal and not feel if there is an effect on the baby. Hopefully that means the baby is taking after me and is not a picky eater like it's Dad. Talking about Matt, he is still working in Pheonix pretty much every day. Last Thursday he didn't even make it home at all. He will also be traveling to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks for a conference. We are hoping all of this extra work is going to be paying off soon. The CFO, who supervises all Admin staff (IT, HR, Accounting), interviewed 2 people this week for the IT manager position. Matt has sent him an e-mail a few weeks ago asking to be considered for the position but had never heard anything back. On Friday, the CFO told Matt he had "overlooked" Matt's e-mail and had just come across it. He asked Matt to write up a list of what he does and Hunter and to meet with him on Monday to discuss the options tht Matt had suggested to allow him to be the IT manager while remaining in Tucson. Matt thinks that the CFO had interviewed the other guys to see what was out there and hopefully has decided that Matt is the best candidate for the job. Matt would really like the job, so I hope it works out for him. I am a little hesitant becasue I am already sick of being alone so much. Even when Matt gets home around 6 (which is once every 2 weeks), it is a little late for me since I go to bed around 8:30 - 9. I am also worried on how his traveling to Phoenix every day is going to work in December when I am ready to pop, or after the baby is born if I need help. Matt doesn't think that far into the future and just says "It will all work out". I wish I could be that relaxed about it. I guess that is it for now. I will try to get a picture soon. Hope everyone is well and is enjoying the first week of football!!

No comments: