Sunday, August 24, 2008

I almost forgot...

I almost forgot some other big events this weekend. First, we are now at 24 weeks which I call our "safe week". The survival rate of premature infants born after 24 weeks has increased significantly. Knowing that our baby has a chance of survival if born now makes me feel so much better. And every week the baby stays in my belly gives him/or her an even better chance. Second, Matt and I spent Friday night registering. We started at Target and made a list of the items we liked and the prices. We then moved on to Babies R' Us and compared the items from Target. Turns out the prices were the same, and Babies R' Us had a much larger selection of course. The only thing we liked better at Target was the diaper bag, so... We registered at Babies R' Us and then went back to Target and bought the diaper bag. Matt was in charge of the gun, and has final say in all toys. It was a lot of fun, and a little overwhelming to see all that we still need!!! One thing we still need to find is a rocking chair cushion. I found one on-line that I like, but it is REALLY overpriced. JC Penny's has rocking chair cushions on-line, but I want to be able to feel it and see how comfy it really is. It's just a plain sage color, nothing fancy. Besides that, we bought our sling carrier on-line as well. We chose a Moby wrap that can only be purchased on-line. It's like a big scarf that you just wrap up all different ways to hold the baby. I can't wait until we have everything and can fell fully prepared!!!!

1 comment:

megan said...

i think you need a belly update missy!! a lot has changed since week 23 ;) you look great!