Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Busy Daddy!!!

I wanted to take a minute and give Matt some of the credit he deserves right now. I mentioned before that Matt's boss found a new job and his last day was July 25th. Matt spent that week in Phoenix, working long hours at the office and then more hours at the hotel. Last week he commuted to Phoenix every day. He would leave at 6:30 in the morning and return around home 7:30 - 8 o'clock at night. Again, last week he had more work to do once he got home.

Instead of a nice relaxing weekend, we did respite this weekend. Respite is kind of like licensed babysitting for the state. This weekend we had a 9 year old girl named Skye stay with us. Her Mom dropped her off on Friday evening and picked her up on Sunday afternoon. Matt is not as enthusiastic about respite as I am. That is why I was so amazed at how well Matt interacted with Skye. He involved her in our conversations and joked with her. He played Rockband with her and we all went swimming. Matt cooked us dinner on Friday night, and on Saturday it was his turn for dishes so he and Skye worked together. Skye enjoyed her time with us, and we enjoyed her, so she will be staying with us one weekend a month from now on.

If Matt hasn't won any brownie points so far, it just gets better. Matt woke up early Saturday morning and went to my Mom's house to work on her wood floor. My Mom is replacing the carpet in the bedrooms with a wooden floor. Matt and Tyson finished one of the two bedrooms a couple of weeks ago, but Matt finished the floor of the second bedroom mostly by himself this weekend. Jaime stopped to pick Jake up at one point and helped with cutting, but otherwise it was just Matt. We all offered to try and help but he didn't think we could do it!!!

On top of all that, Matt has been a wonderful husband lately. I'm really wondering what happened to the real Matt and who this new guy is. Matt has helped with laundry and other chores around the house without me asking. I even started the laundry and asked him to collect the towels from downstairs. Matt came upstairs and took over sorting and did the laundry himself. Matt has left himself notes to remember when to take the garbage out and even remembered to give me a receipt after using the debit card!!! I almost fainted!!!

I'm sure you can all tell how much Matt deserved his well needed nap. I just want to say thank you to Matt and let him know how much I appreciate the hard work and time he is putting in, and the help he is giving me around the house. He has definitely proven that he will be a wonderful father!!! Love you honey!!!

No comments: