Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Gilby Men Can't Hang

As I said, Mexico was fun... But the aftermath is not!!! Matt got a bit of sun poisoning and spent the last part of vacation sleeping. He went to bed at 7 pm on Saturday night and is still suffering today. Parker did fine in Mexico but we have had some problems since we got home. I know Parker woke up a few times on Saturday night, but we didn't have a clock in our room so I don't know how many times or what time it was. On Sunday, Parker went to bed around 7:30 like he normally does, but he work up at 10:45pm and was up and down for the rest of the night. I figured it was teething but stayed home to make sure, and try to get a little sleep. He was a little crabby on Monday but nothing drastic. Monday night we started our bedtime routine around 7:15 like normal and everything was fine until it was time for Parker to lay down in his crib. He started crying and didn't stop. I tried to let him cry it out, but he didn't fall asleep. He would go to sleep if I rocked him, which is the opposite of how he normally is, but would wake up as soon as I put him down. I felt a little silly taking him to the Dr today, thinking they would say it was teething, or growing, but turns out he has an ear infection. Poor Baby!! He has had a snotty nose the past few weeks, but I didn't think anything of it. Now I feel horrible!!! We picked up some antibiotics and hopefully this will clear up both his ear and his nose... and maybe (cross your fingers) Parker will sleep better too!!!! Well, here is to hopeing both my boys feel better !! We hav

No comments: