Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week 6

Here are the week 6 stats: Baby's Weight: 0lbs Baby's size: 1/5 to 1/4 " My Weight: 149 (I can't stop eating so I've already gained a couple of pounds)Inches around the belly button: 31 1/2
Still no pregnancy symptoms. I was worried that it meant something was wrong with the baby, but everyone is saying just be happy there is no morning sickness. So that is what I am doing for now. Still a couple of weeks until we have the first ultrasound where we will be able to see the heartbeat. I think that will make me feel much better.
On a happier note... We are beginning to collect baby things and get the nursery ready. Yes it's early, but I like to get things done early. Or at least I start things early and then let them fizzle until the very last minute. I think this is one project that really does need to be done early. I have loved Winnie the Pooh since I was a little girl, and I've always known that I was going to have the nursery for my first child in a Classic Pooh theme. I began buying a couple of things at yard sales a few years ago when I would see them. Last year I found a crib set with a headboard pad, sheets, comforter, rug & lamp so I bought them too! We painted the room yellow when we bought the house hoping it would be a nursery some day. I love what I have, but I don't want to be overboard with Pooh so I think that's going to be it on the "theme", everything else will just be neutral colors to match.
On top of the Pooh stuff, we bought a few other things this weekend. One of my Mom's daycare parents was having a yardsale and selling all of her 2 1/2 year olds baby things. She keeps her kids stuff very nice so we decided to take a peek. We ended up buying a stroller/carseat combo and a swing. It is all in great shape. We are going to use the crib my Mom bought for my little brother and we are going to re-do a cute dresser she had in her spare room. My Aunt gave us her bouncy chair and exersaucer so we have a great start on baby things. The only other big items I think we need are a changing station and a high chair. I wanted to look at baby things when Matt & I were at the mall earlier, but he thinks we have enough for now :)

No comments: