Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week 19 (Almost 1/2 way there)!!!

We are almost 1/2 way there and I love being pregnant. Luckily, I am having a really easy pregnancy so I can enjoy it. Some updates from the past couple of weeks. The mid-wife didn't really believe me when I said I felt the baby kick, but my neighbor Cherie was able to feel the baby move on the outside of my belly too!! Matt still hasn't felt it, but he says he is sure that there will be plenty of time later. The baby is starting to move more and not just the kicks and thumps I was feeling. I can feel the baby actually swimming around. I can feel movement higher in my belly too :). I am sitting on my patio enjoying a rare cup of Decaf and the little guy must like it as much as I do because he is starting his gymnastics practice today. It is so cool to be able to feel the baby! If you've noticed I've used the pronoun "he" in this blog. I'm starting to think it's a boy. I've had two dreams about a boy, I have the dark line on my belly from breast bone to pelvic bone, I feel that my hair and skin are both healthier than pre-pregnancy, and the last heartbeat was down to 140 bpm. I think those are all signs of a boy. We have our next ultrasound on July 28th, but I'm hoping the baby is modest enough and won't give away the secret !!

Family & Friends Update:

Some fun things going on down here. Tyson and his girlfriend Brandi just moved into a new house yesterday. They had been living on 4 acres way out in the desert north of Tucson. Their new house is still a little north of Tucson, in Marana, but much easier to get to. I haven't been out there yet, but Tyson did call me to try to get me to help clean before he moved in.

Austin is going to be 13 years old next week!!!! I can't believe how old these kids are getting. He and Cameron are going to spend the night at my house next Friday and spend the night eating pizza and playing rock band. If they are still awake, Matt is going to take them to see a midnight movie at a theatre down here.

Speaking of Cameron, he called me last night to see if I would mind if he named his pregnant fish after me. I thought that was pretty funny so I let him.

My neighbor and one of my best friends Cherie, found out she is pregnant and due at the end of February. Our Thursday routine last year included cardio-kickboxing, then home to make frozen daquiri's while watching the rain and then a couple of hours of So You Think You Can Dance. Things have definitley changed this year, but we've adjusted with aqua-fit, mocktails substituting the real rum for rum extract and apple juice concentrate (pictured above), and we still got our Dance Dance Dance. As happy as I am for her to be pregnant, I am a little sad. Her lease is up at the end of August and she will be moving out of the neigborhood, and maybe even out of the state. I know she has to do what is best for her new family, but I will miss her terribly if she leaves.

And last but not least, Hubby....

Hubby's boss got a new job and his last day will be on Friday July 25th. Matt has a wonderfuly working relationship with Jason so he is sad to see him go. Matt would be a shoe-in for Jason's job if we lived in Phoenix, but we don't. There really isn't anyone within the company who has the knowledge and skills to fill the position, except Matt. Matt has spent the past 2 days in Pheonix learning the parts of Jason's job he is not familiar with, and will spend all next week up there to shadow Jason so that he will be the interim manager. Hopefully the company will see how well Matt can handle the job and work out some type of compromise to allow him to keep Jason's job while still working out of Tucson. It will be horrible if Matt has to train his new boss.

Well, we have a busy day ahead of us... We are having a Christmas in July part tonight and have to get the house and yard ready. I hope everyone has a great weekend.. Love and miss you all!!!

No comments: