Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to the Baby (Week 33)

So I look a little crabby, but it's just the sun in my eyes.

Week 33 Stats:

My Weight: 175lbs

Weight gain: 28lbs.

Baby's Weight: 4 1/2 lbs

Baby's length: 19 inches

Wow! Can you believe he is that big? The only reason I can is because I can feel him across my whole belly, all day, every day. He still has the hiccups pretty often, including right now. We had a mid-wife appointment yesterday and the baby is still head down. I know that he can move, but he seems to like it that way. Overall I still feel very good. I do get uncomfortable sometimes and that isn't fun. I have decided that if our furniture is uncomfortable now, it will not be comfortable to sit in when the baby is here so we will be shopping pretty soon. I think I want a rocking recliner for downstairs so that it will be easier to feed the baby and rock him to sleep.

In other aspects of life, I think I figured out what to do for school. The U of A has started a new satelite type of campus in Tucson that is geared toward working adults with families. The degree will be a Bachelor of Commerce. It is a combination of accounting, finance, and business. More of a conglomerate degree instead of one specialty. In order to get into the program I have to first finish my degree of business for transfer at Pima (in may). I am also going to see how long it would take for me to get either an associates in accounting at Pima or a certificate in accounting at Pima. Something to show that I do have a background in accounting. The program at U of A is pretty cool. It meets once a week from 4pm to 6 pm and is a 5 semester program. You move through the classes as a group so you will be with the same class the whole 5 semesters. It has the same accredidation as Eller college at U of A, and you still the the name on your diploma. I think this will work out much better for me and I am pretty excited about it.

Matt is still doing well. He really enjoys his job and is still working a lot of hours. His boss told him he is going to talk to him about the IT manager position this week so we are hoping for an update of some sort. Matt thinks that he is just going to confirm that the CFO talked to the VP and they are all on the same page for the 90 day trial, but we will have a definite date of when the trial started and when it will end.

And last but not least, an update on my Dad. His surgery went very well. He stayed in ICU until last night and then was transferred to a regular room. He is hopefully going to be release tomorrow, and my sister will be flying up to Wisconsin to be with him for the next few days. He is supposed to take it easy and not work for a while but I don't see that happening. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

I hope everyone has a great Halloween.

No comments: