Thursday, October 2, 2008

Can you belive it's already October?

Week 29 Stats:
My weight: 170
Weight gain: 23lbs
Baby's Weight: 3lbs
Baby's Length: 17 inches
Ok, I'm a little late. We will be 30 weeks on Saturday, but it's better late than never.
I want to say thank you to Susan and Kimberly who threw me an amazing baby shower last weekend. We received some wonderful gifts and had a lot of fun, they really did a great job. As you can see above, we received a cute little Green Bay set that may be the baby's coming home outfit if he/she is born on a Sunday. A lot of my friends from work were able to attend and it was great to be able socialize outside of work.
Now that October is here things are really picking up. We have begun our every 2 week prenatal appointments. Our discussion last Monday was pretty much an adult sex ed class, but next class we will pull out all the birthing toys and take a tour of the hospital. Only 4 or 5 classes left, depending on when the munchkin decides to arrive. I have had a lot of contractions, some of them consistant and painful, so I've been worried about pre-term labor. The mid-wife said the contractions are probably caused by the baby's movements since he/she is going non-stop. Everything looked fine when she did my belly check so that helped ease my mind. The baby was head down when we did the 4D ultrasound, and was still head down (way down) at our appt. Based on where I feel the hiccups, I think the baby stay's head down most of the time. It's hard to picture what is going in my belly knowing the baby is staying head down, cause I feel it move across my whole abdomen. The baby doesn't kick as much now, more just big movements. I can feel some feet or hands that found a space way over to my side occasionally, and when I lay on my side it feels like the baby is trying to walk on the bed through my skin.
Well, I guess that is all for now. Saturday is Matt & my 3rd wedding anniversary. We are going to celebrate by going to an interactive Murder Mystery dinner theater that I think should be a lot of fun. Hope you are all well!

No comments: