Friday, October 24, 2008

Brain Surgery... For real this time

My Dad used to get accupuncture in his ear and he would say he was of to have brain surgery. Maybe he shouldn't have been so flippant about it, cause he needs brain surgery for real this time. Dad was released from the hospital on Thursday and Grandma drove him the hour drive to his apartment in Sun Prairie. The ride was really hard on him, the spots in his eyes were changing colors and he was in a lot of pain. They called the doctor who said it was time to go back to the hospital. Since they were so far away, Dad decided to stay the night in Sun Prairie with his dog and return to the hosptial this morning, Friday October 24th. Once he was admitted to the hospital they did a catscan and got him in his room to rest. This afternoon they knocked him out and he had an MRI and an angiogram. Thank god he got back to the hosptial because they did find an aneurysm in his brain. To fix it they are going to put a stent in his brain. They do not do that surgery at Waukesha Memorial, so they are moving him to Froedert Hospital in Milwaukee tonight to make sure that the aneurysm doesn't burst. Once he gets to the hospital they will schedule the surgery, hopefully for tomorrow. I am now back in Arizona so I am relaying what I heard from my Grandma. My sister is going to try to get to Wisconsin in the next few days to be with him. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts. Please keep them coming!!!!! I will update again after the surgery, and on Tuesday I will update on our latest appointment with the midwife and a new belly pic. Baby is getting big and so is Mom!!

No comments: