Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week 9

Week 9 stats: Baby weight 0.07 oz Baby length 0.9 inches My weight 150lbs Total weight gain 3 lbs We had another doctor's appointment today and everything is great. She just went over the tests and there are no problems. The baby is 9 weeks & 3 days today, I talked the Dr. into staying with the earliest due date. Not that it will make any difference on when Jellybean will decide to join our world, but it makes me feel a little better. I am feeling fine. No real morning sickness. The worst is the acid reflux, I feel like there is acid just sitting in my throat. I've been taking Tums with no relief, but since today is the worst I will be downing a good amount of Mylanta when I finish writing. I also get tired really easily. I'm pretty energetic in the mornings but my energy level takes a dive by 2 in the afternoon. It's fine on the weekends since I can get everything done in the morning. It sucks on the weekdays because I am so tired when I get home I don't do anything. I'm to tired to exercise even though I know it would help me. I try to pick up and get dinner ready, but have to sit down and take breaks to make it through. I am ALWAYS ready for bed. Matt used to laugh that I went to bed at 10 o'clock, he really laughed when it moved up to 9:30, now I'm lucky to stay awake till 9pm. I am yawning as I type right now and it's 6:30 :) I do want to try to exercise more in hopes that it helps my energy. One thing I'm excited to try is pre-natal yoga. I signed Matt & I up for couples workshop this weekend. It's a 90 minute class. I think it will be fun to try to work together and find ways to move and stretch that will be good for both us and the baby. The yoga class I was going to at the gym isn't until 8pm, which is a little late for me now. The yoga studio we are going to the workshop at has a prenatal yoga class every Tuesday at 7. I've had school on Tuesdays and haven't been able to try it yet, but tongith is the last night of school so I may try to make it to that class since I may be able to stay awake for that one. It is still amazing to think that we will have a baby by Christmas. We tried for so long, and by all accounts shouldn't have been able to concieve naturally. It just blows my mind that I have a little person inside of me. I have the ultrasound picture framed on my desk and I look at it hundreds of times a day. It still doesn't feel like that little guy is our child. I keep saying we are so happy and excited, but that doesn't come anywhere near to being able to describe how we are feeling. I get teary eyed just walking through the baby section at the store. I get teary eyed writing this blog and trying to come up with the words to explain it. I love that our friends and family are all excited and I love to read and talk about the baby. I love looking at names and clothes and toys. I bought a few outfits and toys at the Mall this weekend. It was so cool to pick out things that our kid is going to be wearing. Only 214 days to go :)

No comments: